Making the Jump from Stills to Video
July 11-13, 2017 | Westford, MA | $2100
We’ll get you up-to-speed on the latest gear, cameras, and basic production techniques to start shooting and selling video. You’ll learn the fundamental skills needed to make the transition from photographer to cinematographer, or to add video to your portfolio of services.
Through a fully immersive training environment, we’ll provide the on-set and post-production experience needed to feel confident when shooting video.
Tailored for all skill levels, you’ll have access to the latest equipment and techniques. We’ll teach application knowledge of video workflow process, from digital acquisition through post production. Models and MUA will be in attendance.
You’ll learn the production essentials for cinematic filmmaking techniques, including:
- How to make everyday videos with your camera
- Finding motion and emotion in your work
- Capturing life in motion
- Creating a vision using storyboarding
- Jumping into basic editing tools
- Editing for emotion
- Sound Editing
- Music selection
- Rendering / Distribution
Shooting RED for Stills
July 25-27 | Westford, MA | $1400
Through a fully immersive training environment, we’ll provide the on-set and post-production experience needed to feel confident when shooting the RED Epic-W 8K professional motion and still camera.
Tailored for all skill levels, we’ll teach application knowledge of RED’s entire RAW workflow process, from digital acquisition through post production. Models and MUA will be in attendance.
- Introduction to the DSMC2 System: Experience the modular capabilities of the RED DSMC2 system with various monitoring, lens, and mounting options
- Exposure Dynamics: Shooting RED in low light, high contrast, and daylight exterior
- Shooting Exercises: Learn best practices whether shooting motion, stills, or in HDRx
- Science of RED: Bayer pattern, resolution, codec choices, wavelets, and color science
- R3D Workflow: Post house and DIT overview, archival, editing and grading options
- Styled Shoots: Showcase of 8K footage and stills from students’ hand’s on experiments
- Color Grading: Demonstrations from industry leaders regarding 8K professional color grading
Looking for MapleLoft SANDBOX Filmmaking Workshops?